1. Pump up the music and get warmed up with some stretching.
2. Have students pull some taffy and find their proper shoulder placement with lifted hangs.
3. Introduce Basic first and then Russian Climbs- from "Lifted hang".
4.Introduce a Foot Lock Sequence and take some pictures!
5. Place students on the "Knot" to learn leveraging & counterbalance and have fun!
6. Introduce flying (wrist locks)
Make sure to have some wrist wraps available for them!
Warming Up & Injury Prevention
Gentle stretch to begin and end training. From a hanging position rotate in a circular motion.
Fundamentals Start with Proper Shoulder Placement
Teach this climb first as it preps descent for most other climbs as well as preps for foot locks.
Practical and efficient climb. Sometimes referred to as French.
Single Foot Lock Skills
Great Skill for working X chest pull over
Double Foot Lock Skills
Locking both Feet Evenly
Balance Skill for Spacial & Body Awareness
Balance the frees the hands for cross back preps
Double Foot Lock Resting Pose
Simple but Intricate Wrap